I’ve been talking a lot about my May Accountability Group that is focusing on nutrition, fitness and mindfulness. The one that I’m going to give my best advice for meal prep, meal planning, getting into a routine and just all the things to help you live a healthy lifestyle!
Keep reading for a sneak peak of the group and what you’ll see throughout the month once you join!
Can’t wait to work with you and help you live healthy and energetic!
So, what is this accountability group and why do you need it? An accountability group is a place where the community of women I’ve been growing over the past few years join together to check-in, inspire and find motivation to stay committed to a healthy lifestyle.
What makes the May group so great? May is going to be our first month back to a semi-normal. Some of us will be transitioning back to work. Transitioning back to seeing family and friends more. The weather will get warmer. Maybe we’ll be able to make a trip to the beach. There is so much to look forward to in May! So, May is going to be an important month for us to really focus on our nutrition and exercise habits. That’s why I’m going ALL-IN with this group for May. Compiling all of the best nutrition advice, tips, education and recipes to give my girls the resources they need to be successful long-term!
How can I join? You can join an accountability group by purchasing a Challenge Pack which includes protein powder for the month, pre-workout and a year of workouts. There are several ways to customize the pack so we should chat about that before you purchase! 💜
When you first join, you’ll see a welcome post filled with expectations and ground rules for the group for the month. This is important because it’s got all of the information you need to get started + be successful!
Below is the exact post you’ll see once you join!
Welcome to of our May Wellness Group! There are a few new ladies here so I am going to run through everything, so you know what to expect these next few weeks!
We have this amazing opportunity to focus on ourselves and in return, we will be better women and able to take care of everyone and everything better!
That’s what we’re going to focus on this month…
- Preparing ahead of time
- Fresh + Easy Recipes
- Getting ready for summer
- Feeling stronger, lighter and more in control
Each day we will focus on something different:
- Saturday and Sunday will be our ‘prep’ days. Sit down to plan out a months worth of dinners (yes the month!), a each Saturday after tomorrow – we will plan out our breakfast, snacks and lunches for the week. We’ll prep our food and get everything ready so we have healthy snacks, desserts and meals to grab all week long. We’ll prep again on Wednesday but it won’t take as long!
- Monday: New Recipe + Mindfulness
- Tuesday: Nutrition Tip + Self Care
- Wednesday: Recipes for certain foods + meal prep for 2nd half of week
- Thursday: Nutrition Tip + Self Care
- Friday: Weekly Reflection, Nutrition Video + Happy Hour!
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Pick a workout plan if you’re going to be working out during this group. If you need help – let me know! I’m here for you! Browse Beachbody OnDemand. Some of my favorites are: Morning Meltdown 100, 10 Rounds, LIIFT4, 21 Day Fix Real Time, Transform:20 and 80 Day Obsession.
- Make space in your refrigerator. Clean it out! Make sure it’s cleaned out before Saturday so you have space to put your meal prep! A clean refrigerator really helps us stay organized, know what we have and make healthier choices.
- If you have enough space in your house, designate a space to workout. For example, I workout in my garage if I can workout while my son is asleep, or my husband is home. If not, I just workout in my kitchen. But all of my workout gear is in a bin in my hallway easily accessible!
- Make sure you have the right containers. If you don’t – get some! Even if your only choice right now is what you can find at the store, having the right containers really helps. I love our glass containers from Costco, my plastic ones from Target and I frequently use glass jars to keep things like Chicken Salad, Overnight Oats, cut up fruit and other salads in!
- Decide if you need supplements! I swear by my Recover, Energize and Hydrate. I could not keep working out the way I do if I didn’t have these! They really help my muscles recover, get my excited to get my workout done and keep me moving through the workout so I am strong! If you’re interested in them and don’t have them let me know!
- Check out some Shakeology Recipes: Shakeology is great as a replacement for your daily vitamins. It fills you up and tastes delicious. I use it in so many of my recipes and drink it every day. It keeps you regulated, feeling good and is so good for you!
- Journal about it. I want you to be successful during this month. Nutrition is such an important aspect of our lives and literally can make the difference between so many negative and positive consequences for people. Journal your goals. Journal what you want to accomplish over the next 30 days! Most of our workout programs come with journals – so if you go into the materials section of the program you chose; you can find the journal. I’ll also add one to the files section of the group so you can see an example!
Alright, that’s about it for what you can expect… Now, let’s hear what we’ll be doing tomorrow.
Since tomorrow is our official day 1 and the grocery store is few and far between at the moment – I want you to go through your refrigerator and pantry and make a list of everything you have. Then separate your list by category using the worksheet in the files folder in this group.
From there, make a list of meals and recipes you can make based off of what you have! If you need help – post your list below so we can work together to find you healthy recipes! This is only week 1 – this will get easier and you will get in a habit of meal prepping so you’ll have some go-to recipes that you enjoy!
Don’t forget we will be making a meal plan for the month on Saturday morning. That means, you’ll be planning your DINNERS for the entire month of May on Saturday. There are resources in your files section for this and an example from me and my kitchen. If you plan to use my monthly dinner plan – you’ll be able to find the recipes in the group as the week’s happen. I’ll post the recipes on Fridays; but you can find a list of my go-to freezer, fridge and pantry staples (that will be included in these recipes) in the files section!
Alright, that about wraps it up. Can’t wait to work with you and get you started this month in healthy habits!
Share a fun photo of yourself below and introduce yourself!
- What state do you live in?
- What’s your favorite hobby?
- What do you do for work?
- What workout program did you chose?
- Name your favorite musical artist.
- What is your favorite snack?
- Do you have any kiddos and/or pets?
PS: There is a worksheet in the files section of things to do to get started to help you! It’s called “Get started here”
You get access to 100’s of resources through Beachbody OnDemand when you join but in addition to that, you’ll get access to my GoogleDrive of resources, and the files section of our group will have countless resources for you! From worksheets, to meal plans to recipe guides and mindset tools!
Try this sample workout from the boxing program I just finished! It’s SO much fun!
Ultimate Portion Fix + 2B Mindset are great nutrition programs (that you can add on to your BOD subscription for less than $50) These programs have changed my life and I cannot wait to help teach them to you! Just one option to customize your package!
Here is a sneak peak of the recipes you’ll get in the group:
Mason Jar Smoothies:
PB+ J Overnight Oats:
- 2 tbsp PB
- 2/3 cups organic oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Mix together and split in two at the bottom of a glass jar.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or berry of choice)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
Cook frozen berries on stove until thickened. Add lemon juice, maple syrup and chia seeds. Let cool, then put on top of oats mix.
Top each, with 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and 1 strawberry.
Banana Chocolate Chip Whole Grain Scones:
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- about 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups whole wheat 100% whole grain flour (I use King Arthur brand)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use the 60% Cacoa from Giardelli)
Mix the wet first then add the dry and mix until combined. You might need to use your hands for mixing. Form dough into a large ball. Split in half. Then form each half into a smaller bowl. Flatten to about 1 1/2 inches thick. Put onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until the dough has risen and the scones are browned! Store in a bag for 3 days on the counter for 5 days in the refrigerator. This makes about 12 scones – so I normally freeze half and save them for the following week!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup red hot, hot sauce
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
Chop cauliflower into small bites. Wash and put into large bowl. Mix with rest of ingredients. Place on lined baking sheet in the oven on 400 for about 40 minutes or until brown on the top. Reheats great in the oven! You can also freeze them and reheat them for later! Enjoy!
Venison (or Beef, Turkey, BeyondMeat) Meatloaf
- 2 lbs venison meat (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 cup BBQ
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Worchestshire Sauce
- 1 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
For the Sides:
Green beans: 1 bag of pre-washed green beans (or 1 lb. green beans), 1 TBSP olive oil, 1 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 TBSP flour, salt, pepper, sliced almonds (about 1/4 cup, optional). Cook green beans and place to the side. Mix balsamic vinegar with salt, pepper and flour until combined. Add green beans. Toss in almonds.
Sweet Potato Fries: 1 bag Alexia sweet potato fries (or make your own by slicing sweet potatoes into fry shapes, dousing with olive oil, salt and pepper and baking at 425 for 30 minutes)
Combine all in a bowl and mix WELL! I use my hands 🙂 Then put into either a bread pan, or form a loaf in a shallow baking dish. Pour about 1/4 cup of BBQ on top of the loaf. Cover. Bake at 400 for about 60 minutes or until cooked thoroughly through!
You can make two and freeze the other half of the uncooked meatloaf for another night (I do this often to help with meal prep!) It will stay good for about 3 days in the refrigerator! I like to throw the cold leftovers on a sandwich with mustard (something my Dad said his Mom used to do) for lunch the next day!
I’m so excited to start this group with my current girls and future ones who decide to join us! You can join by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get you all set-up, answer your questions and I can get to know what your goals are so we can work together to achieve them! 💜
Once you join, share your “I’m in” graphic below!