Yesterday, I did a good thing that I would really like to share with everyone. Instead of doing my normal routine of working out, and getting right to chores and getting shit done – I decided to sit. Sit with my baby and husband and just relax. I enjoyed my coffee and breakfast with my family. Not every morning grants us time for this – because usually my husband is not home and usually Liam sleeps until 7:30ish. However, yesterday Liam woke up at 6am and my husband worked from home. So we sat together for an hour and watched Sesame Street.
It was so nice to get that time together in the morning. What a beautiful way to start our day! It did leave me with a lot to do that evening when I returned home (dishes, laundry, picking up around the house, etc.) but that was okay. After Liam went to bed I got my chores done and completed a workout and things were fine.
Nothing went up in flames and I wasn’t THAT behind.
Moral of the story is – just take the time. Take the time to hold your baby. To sit with your husband and have coffee. Take the time to be together even when you have other “things” that are not as important but still need to be done – just take the time to be with your family.
Here are some questions to ask yourself today:
- How am I spending time with my family? Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly?
- How can I give my family more time?
- In what areas of life can I give myself grace so that I can enjoy family time guilt-free?
Here are my answers:
- Taking time in the morning or evening to just play with my son. Even when I feel like I have a million things to do I try to take a few minutes every hour to just sit with him on the floor and laugh.
- I can plan my time better. Blocking out specific times for specific tasks. For example, doing computer work while he’s napping and doing chores while he’s awake.
- The dishes, the laundry, cleaning – it can all wait and shouldn’t take precedent over my husband and baby.
Reply below with your answers!